Monday, November 22, 2010

Technorati Search: Autism

After searching Technorati for awhile I finally found a blog that interested me.  The blog is written by Jennifer Bush and is titled, "Study Claims Children Can Recover From Autism".  This blog interested me because I did my research paper on autism and I didn't find any research that supported this idea.  I wanted to find out more about the possibility of being able to recover from autism and picked this article.  This blog has been active since November 16, 2010, so it is only a week or so old.  This is Jennifer Bush's first blog, and she posted it because she has a son that has autism and wanted to raise awareness.  She linked two different websites to her post, and also included a picture in her post.  After reading Jennifer's  blog I found that she seemed very educated in her post.  She talked about the article and autism in an intelligent, but yet easy to understand way.  Her blog differed from a research paper in that she used a more informal perspective of writing, mentioning her own views and also her sons story.  I found the blog very informative, but the title was a little misleading.  As Jennifer mentions, the idea of autism being curable is false.  Children with autism may be able to improve their skills and learning ability, but the biology remains unchanged.  She explains that her sons brain works differently than a normal brain, and probably always will.  Here is the blog if you are interested in checking it out for yourself. Study Claims Children can Recover from Autism

No comments:

Post a Comment